Skip to main content

2 Transistor FM Voice Transmitter


Warning: Take care with transmitter circuits. It is illegal in most countries to operate radio transmitters without a license. Although only low power this circuit may be tuned to operate over the range 87-108MHz with a range of 20 or 30 metres.
Circuit diagram
















Notes:
I have used a pair of BC548 transistors in this circuit. Although not strictly RF transistors, they still give good results. I have used an ECM Mic insert from Maplin Electronics, order code FS43W. It is a two terminal ECM, but ordinary dynamic mic inserts can also be used, simply omit the front 10k resistor. The coil L1 was again from Maplin, part no. UF68Y and consists of 7 turns on a quarter inch plastic former with a tuning slug. The tuning slug is adjusted to tune the transmitter. Actual range on my prototype tuned from 70MHz to around 120MHz. The aerial is a few inches of wire. Lengths of wire greater than 2 feet may damp oscillations and not allow the circuit to work. Although RF circuits are best constructed on a PCB, you can get away with veroboard, keep all leads short, and break tracks at appropriate points.

One final point, don't hold the circuit in your hand and try to speak. Body capacitance is equivalent to a 200pF capacitor shunted to earth, damping all oscillations. I have had some first hand experience of this problem.

author:Andy Collinson,
website: http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Channels Audio Splitter Amplifier Circuit Diagram using TL084

This is the schematic diagram of 3 channels audio splitter amplifier circuit which built using op-amp IC TL084. The 3 channels amplifier output distribution applies a single TL084.   3 Channels Audio Splitter Amplifier Circuit Diagram The very first step is to capacitive coupling having a p. 1.0 ~ electrolytic capacitor. The entries are railways Vee Y2 or 4.5 V. This enables working with an individual 9V power source. A voltage gain of 10 (1 M?/100 Kohm) is obtained in the first stage, as well as the other three floors are connected as a unity gain voltage followers. Every single output stage drives independently through an amplifier output 50 pF capacitor towards the resistance of 5.1 k ohm load. The response range is flat from 10 Hz to 30 kHz.

A basic Arduino Solar PV Monitor

I have just recently had solar pv installed, mainly to future proof my energy costs, I do not expect it to be like drilling for oil in my back garden, however the return looks to be encouraging. The install gives you another single unit meter, from this you will see the total amount the panels produce, but that is about it. I wanted to know how much the production was as it was happening, I discovered the light blinks on the front of the meter will flash 1000 times for each kWh of electricity which passes through. The rate of the flashing of the LED tells you how much power is currently passing through the meter. [ ]

RF amplifier protection

RF amplifier protection I have developed the protection circuit for the EB104 amplifier I am working on, after I finally had some time to design and test a few models. The main requirements have been: - protection in case of high temperature; - protection in case of high SWR; - protection in case of wrong output filter selection; - simple design (i’m a fan of the whole K.I.S.S. rule of thought), able to work in strong electromagnetic fields, reliable, inexpensive. Because i will be using the same directional coupler i have used in the SWR meter (the one made on PCB) wich is directly influenced by the signal frequency, and because i want full HF coverage, i cannot just measure the reflected signal and make a circuit cut the amplifier when it goes over a limit; on 28Mhz the coupler generates roughly 4 times more voltage that let’s say in 7Mhz. So a system that compares direct and reflected signal and triggers when the latter is percentually too high was needed, therefore an operational a...